Centre For Advanced Learning (CFAL) students excel in JEE-ADVANCED 2016
Kenrick Pinto Second Topper in Karnataka - All India Rank (AIR) – 203 Dhanush Krishna – All India Rank (AIR) - 313
Several students trained at CFAL Mangalore have been selected in the JEE-advanced 2016. As always, CFAL has the first rank in Mangalore in this prestigious entrance examination. Kenrick Pinto is the first rank holder in Mangalore and Second Topper in Karnataka with an All India Rank (AIR) of 203
Dhanush Krishna is the second rank holder in Mangalore with an All India Rank (AIR) of 313.
JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced are the two stages involved with the selection process of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT). Out of around 13 lac students who appeared for JEE-main this year, 2 lac made it to JEE-advanced 2016, which was held on May 22. Among them, 36,566 students have qualified.
Performance in this examination forms the basis for admission into bachelors, integrated masters, and dual degree programmes (entry at 10+2 level) in the IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM). A total of 10,575 seats are available to 22 IIT’s and ISM, With four new IIT’s scheduled to become operational in Chattisgarh, Jammu, Karnataka and Goa from the 2016-17 academic year, there will be an increase of 569 seats for admissions to the premier technical institutes. Apart from IIT’s, the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research; Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli; Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Visakapatnam; and the Indian Institute of space science and technology, Thiruvananthapuram, will also admit students based on their scores in the JEE ( Advanced )
Kenrick Pinto is the son of J.J. Pinto and Tarina Pinto. Besides the AIR of 203, he has achieved numerous other outstanding results
- Kenrick secured 2nd rank in Karnataka in NTSE while in 10th standard and has been receiving a scholarship of Rs 15,000/- per annum
- Kenrick had scored 293 out of 360 marks in the JEE-Main 2016 examination to emerge as topper in the districts of coastal Karnataka. (The rank list of JEE Main is yet to be announced).
- He has also secured ALL INDIA RANK- 16 in the scholarship exam KVPY, as a result of which he has already secured admission in the Indian Institute of Science Bangalore.
- In the International Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Astronomy Olympiads he was among the top 1% in the country.
- Kenrick is the only student from coastal Karnataka who has qualified for a seat in the very prestigious “Chennai Mathematical Institution”
- He was AIR – 1 in the mathematics contest ( Inter category) conducted by Association of Mathematics Teachers of India (AMTI)
- Kenrick is qualified for admission to the Indian Statistical Institute in Bangalore
Dhanush, son of Vishnumoourthi S.G. and Vidya, is also an achiever in true sense; he has proved his academic talent at a much younger age. He studied under National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has secured 93.4 % in Senior Secondary Examination
- Dhanush had scored 245 out of 360 marks in the JEE-Main 2016 examination.
(The rank list of JEE Main is yet to be announced).
- Dhanush is one of the finalists in the scholarship exam KVPY 2016.
- In the International Physics and Astronomy Olympiads he was among the top 1% in the country.
There are several other students selected from the institution. They are Pangal Gopalkrishna, Akshara Sharma, Neharika Singhal, Santhanu Srinivas, Yashash Samaga, Vivin Peris
We are hopeful that many other students have qualified but we do not have their hall-ticket number as of now.
Since its inception in 2009, Centre for Advanced Learning (CFAL) has been bringing tremendous success to the Mangalore region. With over 70 of its students having been selected for IIT entrance exams from 2011 to 2016, CFAL has consistently had the highest student selection from Mangaluru. Sumith, a CFAL student bagged All India Rank 38 (Karnataka Rank 1) in 2014.
CFAL training comprises over 1,400 hours of classroom training, unique course material, periodic tests and mock exams spread over two years. Principal, Severine Rosario, said that constant monitoring and mentoring by experienced and dedicated teachers, uncompromising academic quality, and individual attention students get, have contributed to this phenomenal success. CFAL teaches maths and science to students in a fun and interesting manner enabling children to lay a solid foundation. With this strong foundation, students are able to ace in highly competitive math and science exanimations.
CFAL is part of The Learning Centre and is located in Bejai- Kapikad, Mangalore.
Contact Information : 9845737120 / 9740939374 , www.cfalindia